Even though your home is comfortable, system problems could double operating costs.
- Many air conditioning and heat pump compressor failures could be eliminated if the problems that led to the failure were corrected in a timely manner.
- A 20% undercharge in freon may decrease system efficiency by up to 20%, and a 20% overcharge can result in up to a 10% decrease in system efficiency.*
- A dirty evaporator, condenser and blower could increase air conditioning or heat pump electrical usage by up to 50%.*
- Just 1/100 of an inch of dirt or film on an evaporator coil could reduce its efficiency by up to 5%.*
- Neglected small problems can lead to very expensive repairs.
- Depending on the current condition of your equipment, this service may pay for itself several times over in energy savings alone.